Thomas M.D. Brown ’67

Thomas M.D. Brown ’67 died on June 4, 2016, in Sykesville, Maryland.

(The following was published in The Capital Gazette on June 6, 2016):

Thomas Morgan Brown, 71, of Davidsonville, Maryland, passed away June 4, 2016. Born October 20, 1944 in Chicago Illinois, the son of Mr. and Mrs. LTJG Stephen Dechman, Tom spent his childhood in Palm Beach, Chicago, and Detroit. Thomas was adopted by Bruce Brown shortly after his marriage to Tom’s mother, Lorraine Eddy Dechman Brown. Tom was a varsity soccer and hockey player at Cranbrook Schools (’63). Tom then attended Bowdoin College (B.A. Psych ’67) in Brunswick, Maine. Tom was a Letterman and Captain of the Polar Bear’s Soccer team, as well as a two year starter of the Freshman Hockey team. Continuing his education at the Illinois Institute of Technology (’69) in Chicago, Il, Thomas earned his Masters in Arts in Photography a passion he would continue throughout his life. Thomas, a long time sailor and avid fly fisherman, spent time in Connecticut, Maine, Montreal, and North Carolina before settling in the Annapolis, MD area. In Annapolis, Tom would continue his passion of sailing and fly fishing. He enjoyed watching his beloved Detroit Red Wings, spending time outdoors, singing, telling stories and caring for the countless dogs, cats, goats, and horses that came through his Davidsonville, Maryland property. As a Senior Service Sales Representative for Siemens, Tom took great pride in the safety his work with fire and security systems provided for people in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Thomas Brown is survived by his wife, Clara Wooddy Brown, their children, Payton Brown and Morgan Brown; as well as by his children, Nathanial Court, Courtenay Brown and Allison Eddyblouin. He is also survived by his nine grandchildren and siblings, Stephen Brown of Biltmore Lake, NC, Sara ‘Sally’ Brown and Greta ‘Cherry’ Peters of Richmond, VA, Loraine Brown of Santa Paula, CA, and Bruce Ford Brown, Jr. of Santa Monica, CA, and finally Donnaldson Brown of Brooklyn, NY. He passed at Integrace Copper Ridge in Sykesville, Maryland from Frontotemporal Degeneration.