Carleton Parsons Wing ’46 died on February 8, 2005, in Falmouth, Maine.
Born on February 23, 1925, in Flagstaff, he prepared for college at the local high school and became a member of Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity at Bowdoin, which he attended in 1942-43. During World War II he served in the U.S. Army Medical Corps. He was captured by the Germans at the Battle of the Bulge in Belgium, and was held as a prisoner of war for some months in 1945. After the war he studied at the University of Maine at Orono, where he earned a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering in 1949. For 20 years he worked for Bancroft and Martin Rolling Mills in Portland, becoming a vice president. After leaving that firm he joined Megquier & Jones Steel Fabricators, becoming executive vice president. He was a director of the Cumberland Club in Portland, a corporator of the Maine Savings Bank, and a trustee of the Falmouth Memorial Library. He was also a member of the Maine Good Roads Association, the American Institute of Steel Construction, the Associated Contractors of Maine, and the Portland Country Club. Surviving are his wife, Vivian Lebel Wing, whom he married in 1947; a daughter, Christine Wing of Rumford; two sons, Michael Wing of Yarmouth and Jeffrey Wing of Pleasant Hill, OR; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.