Dudley B. Tyson ’38 died on February 23, 2008, in Bangor, Maine.
Born on December 31, 1916, in Augusta, Maine, he prepared for college at Cony High School. At Bowdoin, he played football and was a member of Zeta Psi Fraternity. After graduating from Bowdoin, he attended Tufts Medical School, earning his M.D. in 1942. He served his internship at Cambridge City Hospital and did his residency in anesthesia at Boston City Hospital. He served for 22 years at Sturdy Memorial Hospital in Attleboro, Mass., then moved to Bangor, where he was chief of anesthesia at St. Joseph Hospital for 15 years. He was a member of the many professional associations, as well as the Civil Air Patrol and other aviation groups, the PenobscotValley Country Club, Maine Seniors Golf Association, and All Souls Congregational Church. He was married to Mary (Maddocks) Tyson, who died in February 2001, and he is survived by two daughters, Andrea Tyson Forster and Deborah Tyson, both of Miami, Fla.; a son, Dudley M.Tyson of Kennebunkport, Maine; a sister-in-law, Suzanne Mason, of Readfield, Maine; and several nieces and nephews.