James E. Byrne ’65 died September 19, 2008, in Bath, Pa.
Born on November 27, 1942, in Bryn Mawr, Pa., he attended Northwestern University Dental School and Medical School after graduating from Bowdoin. He was a member of Beta Theta Pi fraternity. He was a founding partner of Carbon Oral Surgery Associates. After retiring from his medical practice, he devoted time to his avocation, wood turning. He was known as a superb photographer, a skilled gardener, and a maker of Windsor chairs. He was the secretary of Moore Township Zoning Board of Appeals, past president and newsletter editor of the Lehigh Valley Wood Turners, and served on the board of directors of Gnaden Hutten Hospital. He is survived by his beloved, Judith Rodwin; a sister, Pamela; a stepson, David Austin; a nephew, J. Britton Good; and a granddaughter.