John H. Maxson ’50 died on July 19, 2008, in Brookfield, Connecticut.
He was born in Greenwich on November 7, 1924 and grew up in Old Greenwich. He served with the U.S. Army during World War II. He raised his family in Wilton, working in New York City as an advertising executive. Upon retirement, he moved to Candlewood Lake in Brookfield and worked as a real estate broker for a number of years. He was a member and past director of the Candlewood Lake Club. His brother, Robert P. Maxson ’37, predeceased him. In addition to his wife of 56 years, Marilyn Smith Maxson, he is survived by two sons, James H. Maxson of Everett,Wash., and Jeffrey S. Maxson of Brookfield; two daughters, Lesley M. Bowman of New Milford and Amy M. Calcavecchio of Brookfield; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.