Frederick Weidner III ’50 died February 19, 2012, in Kent, Conn. He was born on July 12, 1928, in Brooklyn, and prepared for college at the McBurney School. He was a member of Beta Theta Pi fraternity and went on to win a Fulbright Scholarship in 1953 to study at the Hochschule für Musik in Hamburg, Germany, where he was engaged as lyric tenor for the Pfalzoper Kaiserslautern. He recorded The Devil and Daniel Webster, the ﬁrst complete opera recorded in stereo. He returned to New York in 1961 to join the family business, Fred Weidner and Son Printers. He was made president in 1963 and owned and operated the company until 1999. Singing was always his passion. He was tenor soloist at the Church of the Heavenly Rest in New York and at St. James Episcopal Church in Montclair, N.J. He was a longtime member of The Players in New York City and served on the management committee. He also was a member of the Blue Hill Troupe and Canterbury Choral Society of New York, and sang with the Lemonade Opera Co. off Broadway. He was a former board member of the American Institute of Musical Studies in Graz, Austria. He also served on the board of the McBurney School and as a director of the Bloomingdale House of Music. He is survived by his wife of nearly 50 years, Nancy Guild Weidner; two daughters, Alyson Harkins and Cynthia Weidner ’89; a sister, Norma Weidner; and three grandchildren.